If you're looking to explore Colorado during a whirlwind 3-day tour, check out the itinerary I followed:
Friday: Downtown Denver
I arrived late, so my friends and I headed out for a quick drink in the downtown area. This area reminded me of 6th street in Austin.
- Falling Rock Tap House
- If you're in to beer, you'll love this place. 75+ beers on tap and over 100 bottled beers. If you're looking for more of a night cap, try the Laws Whisky.
- Brunch at Root Down- make sure you use the restrooms... and wash your hands!
- Lunch at Ollies - To be totally honest, I have no idea if this place is actually good or not, but after the hike it seemed like the most delicious lunch I've ever had.
- Dinner at Cart Driver was awesome. This pizza place is inside an old shipping container and the pizza is delish.
- When I was told we were going to union station, I thought that was the name of a bar. I was kind of right. Denver's Union Station is like a mini Grand Central station with bars, shops, and restaurants. My recommendation is to order a drink and enjoy a few games of complimentary shuffle board!
- Williams & Graham - Similar to Bourbon and Branch in SF and Please Don't Tell (aka PDT) in NY, this bar makes you feel extra special, equipped with a secret password and all. Their drink list is endless, but our favorites were the Sundance Kid, The Old-Old Fashioned, and The New-Old Fashioned.
Monday I decided to take it easy while my friends headed into work for the day.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Make sure to check this place out. If you can swing if, go for a concert or movie night. If not, just go see it during the day. If you want a gnarly workout, do some stairs with the amazing view.
- As a Spanish send off my friend took me for tapas at The 9th Door. We splurged on the $9 wine club membership for half off wine every Monday. Win!
- It's a bit on the pricey side, but if you can plan your budget accordingly, Fruition Restaurant was the perfect end to the trip. It's a super fresh farm to table experience with great food, great wine, and great staff. Make your reservation now!
What'd I miss? Let me know! I can't wait to check it out on my next trip.